Monday, March 16, 2009

Transitioning Moments

What do you do when you have to cover your butt, but you don't really want to do that? What I mean by this is: I'm searching for a teaching job. I'd like it to be back in California where my condo is currently and sadly sitting empty. I'm in a holding pattern with one school, and because of that, I'm starting to look at other schools (international schools - and other states) to work at. I would prefer to go home. I've been away for 2 yrs and am homesick. But...in a weird way, I'm kind of excited about the prospect of living in another country....

So....here lies my quandary. Do I forge ahead and cover my butt so that I have a paying job next year, or do I hold out that there will be a position for me in California? I think I know that answer, but that answer is putting me at odds with myself. I want a job, but I want it where I want it. So....I suppose that I'll still have to be patient and wait for a position to show itself to me and then....we'll see where I end up. I guess I just need to let the breeze take me where it will take me!

I really don't enjoy transitions....but the thought of a new adventure is kind of alluring!

No comments:

Post a Comment