Sunday, August 16, 2009
We got back to his place and hung out for a bit and continued to chat. Then it got late so we went to bed. This morning it was nice. We were having a great conversation. He was talking about a family friend who had been a doctor. He told me he had been traveling in the car with this fellow years ago and they came across a bit piece of wood in the middle of the road. The doctor stopped the car, got out, and moved the piece of wood to the side of the road in order to help save someone's car/life/whatever. When he got back into the car with Eric he told him, "I've done my good deed for the day."
I think that's what we all need to do these days. Do a good deed (or more) a day. The whole "pay it forward" thing. I love that idea.
God bless all those who are already doing this! Now, I cannot say that I have done my good deed for the day. I should really try to pursue this and see what I can come up with each day. It might be quite interesting. I think I'm going to go and ponder this some.
Have blessed Sunday!
Friday, August 14, 2009
Inspiration comes from the craziest things! I haven't played Frogger in years, but...it just seemed interesting to write that. Well, here's to a weekend that doesn't have cars coming at you in all directions. Don't forget to look both ways before you cross the street! :o) Who else can write a story from a beloved old video game? Leave me a comment if you've written one. I'd love to read it!
*Picture from www.listal.com
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
List ten things you would say to ten different people in your life...if you had the chutzpah.(inspired by Cassandra from Cassagram)
1. A, why don't you just tell him you love him already and get it over with? We can all see that you are desperately in love with one another.
2. CB, can't you see how much he doesn't work? He talks a great game, but his students just haven't learned a damn thing all year!
3. SB, you have really pissed me off!!!! Pay me my money NOW!
4. E, can we talk about our future?
5. J, you suck as a teacher! You need to stop avoiding work so much and actually do your job. There's no reason why you need a full time assistant!
6. KB, you were one of the worst administrators I've ever had. You lie, and talk behind your employees backs, how is that ever a good thing? At some point, you will get your just rewards!
7. You are really, really cute! Kiss me!
8. Give me a seat in First Class, it's empty and I know you don't need to charge me the fee to sit there. This is a 14 hr flight, give me a little something for it. Even if it's just for 5 hrs of the flight.
9. KR, I can't believe you made the decision 2 yrs in a row to stay in a country you despise for a guy. It worked out so well for you last year (NOT)! I wish you luck this time. But, really??? You should never stay somewhere for someone else, you should always stay somewhere for yourself or go somewhere for yourself.
10. F, I can't believe how the tides have changed. You have a job and now I don't. How is that fair???
Ok, so a few of those would be really fun to say to others and some of them would be really interesting to find out what would be said in response. One of these days, perhaps I will have the guts to say something to some of the folks that need to hear it!
Monday, August 10, 2009
I keep looking for teaching jobs, but I am also looking at the classifieds for other positions out there. Might just need to do something different in order to get a paycheck coming my way.
Woke up this morning and my eyes were all puffy. It's like I had cried all night long (I hadn't by the way). I don't know what the deal is. I ice-packed my eyes and it's a bit better. I just don't understand it. Weird.
Anyway, I hope that this week proves to be positive and great! Here's hoping in any case. Maybe I should get on my few kid books that I've written and edit and whatnot and maybe try my luck and actually send them out to people. What could it hurt, right? Rejection isn't that bad is it??? Who am I kidding, I would be devastated, but....maybe I wouldn't be rejected. Anyway....we'll see what I do. I still need to unpack my house. I've been such a procrastinator on that part. Ugh!
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Hanging out with Eric was even more fun. I totally love hanging out him. I missed him tremendously while I was in Germany.
Anyhoo....there are some crazy things going on in the world around us, isn't there. LA police shooting a 6 yr old girl because they couldn't find a way around the girls father, who was using her as a shield. Serious stuff! Scary and completely crazy, in my opinion.
Taxpayers in LA county (again, LA) having to pay for MJ's memorial service. How stupid is that? I can't believe that that occurs. It was brought to my attention that this happens a lot. The taxpayers end up paying for things that aren't really taxpayers responsibilities. I love it! Well, I actually hate it! But....you know what I mean!
Ok, it's late, I'm tired so I am going to bid this weekend farewell. Adios, au revoir, tschuss, see ya, goodbye, goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!