Thursday, May 21, 2009

Writer's Workshop: Sick and tired...

3.) List ten things you are currently sick of.

This list is in no particular order. They are all just pretty annoying at this particular moment.

1. Passive aggressive people! I have a few of these people in my life, mostly because they are those I work with....I don't enjoy them. It's not fun to be the recipient of their passive aggression....

2. Double negatives....if I could give an example, I would, but seriously, my ears start to bleed when I hear one!

3. Report Card writing! I know parents want to see the comments and all...but it's ridiculous the amount of writing I must do per child. Seriously, do parents really want to read all of that? I don't think so! Not that I'm a parent or anything. I just don't think that it's necessary for teachers to spend their weekends and "free time" working on report cards that are read once then put in a drawer.

4. Job searching! I hate moving and I hate looking for new jobs. I just wish this was already over with! UGH!

5. The yearbook! I've complained about this on previous posts....and it's so up in the top ten! I am ready for the books to be here so that they can be given out! Oy vay!

6. Clean freaks! My desk, in my working classroom, gets a tad messy, because it's basically a place to put papers. I rarely sit there! My passive aggressive boss has found my desk mess an embarrassment to her. I don't see what she has to be embarrassed about...It's my mess, not hers. And not only that, it's not that bad. It's really just organized chaotic piles. I know exactly what I have on my desk! Seriously! Just ask...I'll go right to it! Damn PR principals!

7. Doing Dishes....without a dishwasher, other than myself, I despise this job. My kitchen is small and when a few dishes stack up, it gets even smaller! Ugh! I wish I had a maid....

8. Cramps. 'Nuff said!

9. People acting like my mother. I know they are doing it out of love and to be helpful. But they are really starting to get on my nerves! I already have a mother...I don't need another two or three!

10. My cell phone battery! My goodness, this darn thing will be nice and plumped up at the beginning of the day, and then in a few hours it's already almost dead. There are times that it stays charged for two or three days without a problem. Now, though, it's dying quickly. That's annoying, especially when you need to use it and you can't!

8 comments:

  1. Oh report cards, I'd spend hours and hours writing comments only to find when I followed up with phone calls many of the parents hadn't bothered to read them, only if their child was failing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Report cards. Just the very thought of them is enough to fill any teacher or ex teacher with dread : ). Poor thing! Your list sounds painful! I hope the end of your school year comes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on #6. Clean freaks drive me crazy.

    Just cause I don't spend my day disinfecting, organizing and being an anal judging twit while my kid ends up at the neighbors house (mine) till 8pm eating dinner there and never checking to see if it's ok he's there cause I'm so busy being a nitty super tidy freak in my magazine house...sorry. I have neighbor issues.

    Great Blog!!!Glad I found you from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't not love your post! Oh no, are your ears beeding? Loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sick of clean freaks too. Unfortunatly, I have one very close to me who reminds me how messy things are. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean on number 6 and on the cell phone. i used to have a free phone, didn't need to charge it, battery would last for three days of heavy talking and txting, bought a new phone, $360, can't keep a charge for more than eight hours if I am lucky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can relate to almost everyone of those, except the teaching ones. Hope your school year is almost done, or already done!

    ReplyDelete