Friday, May 29, 2009

Weekend away

I am so excited for this weekend. It will be a nice weekend away. Heading to Krakow, Poland. It's not going to be a completely cheerful weekend, as we are going to tour Auschwitz. But it'll be a good weekend to learn and see a bit of history. I know that the tour will be very sobering and sad. I did end up going to Buchanwald at the end of the year, and you could just feel the sadness there. And they didn't use the gas chamber at that camp.

I can and cannot imagine what Auschwitz will be like.

I am ready to look at and hopefully purchase some Polish Pottery. I've seen some for the past few years and they are pretty. It'll be a nice keepsake. Anyway....need to pack, clean, and do all the rest before leaving.

Have a great weekend, and safe travels for anyone heading out of town!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that does sound like some "heavy" traveling. It would definitely be interesting. I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll write about it when I return, and hopefully get some pics posted, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good luck. It will be interesting to see how you feel once you've visited. It must be almost surreal to be in a place like that knowing what we now know about what went on. I remember spending almost a whole day at the holocaust museum in D.C. - it was so absorbing, compelling, and very very sad. Good luck.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete