Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sticks and Stones

I've been thinking today about that old adage. It would most definitely hurt to have sticks and stones thrown at you. But it's also way more hurtful to have words said that are unkind. We've all experienced it...and most likely we've all said some hurtful words to someone.

Here's a great article referring to the adadge. It makes me wanna say nice things to everyone I see!

At youth on Friday, we were talking about how God had separated the people to all parts of the Earth after they had begun to build the tower in Babel. This brought about a discussion on how we look at others in different places. What our identity is, in essence. I don't know.

I think it's important to build others up. I think it's mighty important to say: You're wonderful. You are doing an amazing job. I love you. I think you handled that situation well.

Any of those would be fabulous. Please...read the article. The author of it is a friend of mine. She's an amazing person with one of the biggest hearts I've ever seen.

Happy 4th of July!!! I wish you a safe and happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment