Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Blind Side

Who has watched "The Blind Side?" At church today our pastor started a new series entitled "The Blind Side." He started it off with the scene where the Tuoghy family is leaving the Thanksgiving play and driving home and come across Michael Oher walking down he street in the rain with only a t-shirt and shorts on. Mrs. Tuoghy invites him home with them after he admits to not having a place to stay. It totally got to me, that scene.

I remember watching the movie thinking I would be crying through it. But as the movie unfolds, it's so uplifting that I didn't really cry through it. But that scene taken out of the rest of the movie is such a moving show of compassion from Mrs. Tuoghy.

We had some wonderful people who help out with the Children's Ministry be spotlighted today from the community. They have an organization called Stepping Stones and it's an amazing thing. I was so moved by their talk about it that I want to go and help. They take youth that need help with school work and help them with that as well as witness to them about God. They have helped many youth bring up their grades and show them that there are better alternatives out there than joining a gang or any other not so good choice.

I am hoping to call them up this week and see what they would like from me. Another body in the center to help out, tutoring kids, whatever...I'm willing to do it.

I am so excited about this and I'm motivated to look for ways to do good. I encourage you all to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment