Monday, October 26, 2009

Old Students

Wondering if I'll see any of my former students tomorrow. I'm subbing at a middle school in the town I used to teach in. Depending on the grade I have tomorrow...I may see some of my kids. They would be 6th, 7th, and 8th this year. Huh...wonder if I'll recognize them. Wonder if they'll remember me. Gosh...how weird. I don't even know if any of them are still in the valley, and I'm worried that they may not remember me.

And if they do remember me, I certainly hope they remember me with happy thoughts. I wouldn't want them to remember me being a bitchy teacher...although sometimes I was. Depended on the kid and what they were up to. But...crazy thoughts! I know.

I'll try to let you know if there were any good memories shared or not. I do know that most of the kids in these groups were ones I liked. There may be a few that I had a hard time with...but they could already be in high school. The years start to mesh together.

There is one girl I'd love to see. I remember her year completely. And what she went through that year. It was heart-breaking...I'd just love to see her and see how she's turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment