Friday, June 19, 2009

Goodbyes are rough

So today was the last day of school....WHOOHOO!!! However with that came the goodbyes to colleagues and friends that have been wonderful and fantastic over the past two years.

I was good with my kids...I usually am. Then my room parents gave me this book with all the kids pictures and something they had said about me. I almost lost it then. It was crazy. Then when we sent the kiddos to their parents, I saw a few of my parents from last year and I tried to hold it together, but I couldn't. I gave the one parent a hug and the tears just flowed down. It was so crazy. Then I saw another parent from last year and that set me off again. And a parent from this year. Leaving is hard...change is hard...saying goodbye is painful! I had to say goodbye to the woman I have been working with very closely for two years....It was so hard. I did fine until I walked away....And now, just writing about it, I'm tearing up!

When I hugged my assistant principal goodbye I lost it as well. She's been so nice and wonderful over the past two years. One of the best administrators I've had. Thankfully the major person that I WILL have to say goodbye to didn't need to happen today. Too many people...parents, friends, colleagues, students....Not. Fun.

I'm happy that school is over and that I can move onto something bigger and better! But....these were a bunch of people that were just amazing to work with! I cannot have asked for a better group of people to work with and become friends with.

Thankfully we've already set up a reunion in two years....Australia! I can save up for that one, and I'm looking forward to it.

I know that my really hard goodbye is yet to come. And I'm so not wanting that one to happen. But at least Martine and I have a few more days together before all that occurs. It will be heartbreaking, but....I know that we'll see each other again and keep in contact over the years!

So...here's to a fabulous two years in Germany! I have loved it! I can't believe that it's coming to a close!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, goodbyes can be very difficult...wonderful to be thankful though that you have so many goodbyes to give and many reunions to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete