Friday, June 26, 2009

Boredom mixed with gratefulness

So I've been posting a lot of negative sad thoughts as of late and I'd thought I'd change it up. My apt is almost empty. It's my last night in it. Crazy. I've cleaned out my kitchen cabinets and I've cleared out my cupboard that had all my cooking stuff ie: pancake mix, flour, salt, pasta, spices, etc. I only have a few more things to do....I'd like to take the vacuum to all the edges of the apt so that when the painting starts tomorrow it won't be too hard. Especially since the vacuum will be taken away tomorrow.

Because of all of this, I am bored. I called my friend this morning to ask if she wanted to stroll around the Kellerskopf (the name of the hill by her apt). It's a beautiful morning out and the birds are chirping. It'd be nice to go and do that. But....I also need to be back and showered by before 12:20 or 12:30 so that I can catch the bus into town. I'm meeting some friends for lunch.

So....I guess I'm just bored for the morning as I will be having a good time this afternoon and I have plans for the afternoon. Gotta love that.

Ok....so maybe I'll be doing a few more things before I either go on a walk or go into town. I just don't wanna do it yet.

Here's a few grateful items for the day that might help put me in a positive mood for the remainder of the day:
1. The sun is out and it actually feels like summer.
2. The birds are singing some lovely songs.
3. I have lunch plans with 2 lovely friends that I won't see for a long, long time!
4. My clothes are drying out in the sunshine.
5. I'm calm and cool and collected - almost happy!
6. I love all my good friends - those new and old! It's great to have friends who care about you.
7. Balcony's are great...I love mine and I'm going to take advantage of it today while I still have a chair to sit on out there.

Ok, so 7 isn't bad for the day. I might think of more later, but....for now I'll leave it at that. Have a great Friday everyone! And a safe, safe, weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment