Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Got Work?

I do!!!! I am so excited that I am finally going to be filling my days up! I only worked a half day today, but that made me feel so much better! I work a half day tomorrow as well. Then I have work all day on Friday, Monday thru Thursday (so far) of next week. Yippeeee!!! It's so exciting.

And the cool thing about it all is that although I'm subbing, I have this nice feeling about it all. I don't have to creat sub plans and I don't have to grade anything or do report cards. Wow! It feels kind of freeing. Plus I don't have to go to the mtgs!!! Now, I would trade with anyone of the teachers, don't get me wrong. I don't have benefits with subbing and I don't have as much money coming my way, but...that's ok. At least money will be coming IN finally! Although after yesterday's air conditioning fix....a lot of what will be coming in will be going OUT!!!

Another kinda cool thing about subbing is that I finally get to see what the other schools are like. I worked in the same school for 6 yrs when I worked for the district and I only ever saw another school if we had a mtg there. And then it was only the multipurpose room. But now...I will be seeing loads of different schools and some I've never even been to before.

So I'm doing what I want to do - teach - but I'm doing it in a different way. I subbed 10 years ago when I was fresh from the farm (right out of college) but I was young and didn't really know what I was doing!

Anyway...I'm just elated to be working. It's such a nice feeling! I hope that everyone is good and that you are having good luck in work!

1 comment: