Monday, March 1, 2010

Query Letters

Yikes! So....sent off a few more query letters to a few literary agents. So can't believe that I've actually done this. Something must be up to make me take that step. I guess it was time!

I hope to hear from them. I guess we'll see though. Their websites claim it could take a few weeks and after so many....then it was probably a no go. The one place I sent off my manuscript to...well...after doing some research I have found that it isn't the most reputable place. They will begin to ask for money. I haven't had that communication from them yet...but I've read that it will come. Plus some of the folks claim to have sent them encrypted manuscripts and had an offer to publish their work...how the heck can that be if they couldn't read it??? So bizarre. So I guess I'm going the long route.

If it's too good to be true then it probably is! *sigh* That's ok. I think I'd rather have someone in my corner who has read my work and thinks it has potential than someone who just wants my money! I want to make money, not spend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment